Post date: Aug 27, 2018 9:15:53 PM
Dear Kootenai Elementary Families:
It is with great pride and enthusiasm that I welcome you to the 2018-2019 school year!
I am elated to work with such a great staff at Kootenai Elementary, as well as partner with our students and you to create a supportive and productive learning environment. During these next few weeks, and over the course of the coming school year, my hope is that we will work together to provide students at Kootenai Elementary the best possible opportunities to be successful and reach their goals. Please know that my door is always open and I welcome your input. Feel free to stop in or call to make an appointment to discuss any concerns, suggestions, or ideas to help make this year the best year yet!
Our mission at Kootenai is that “In every classroom, every day, for every child we will: inspire deep learning, awaken creativity, and develop leaders.” In order to support this mission, we ask that students sail to success with our five Pirate P’s:
PROMPT: Be on Time!
POLITE: Respect yourself, your classmates, your teacher and your classroom.
PRODUCTIVE: Stay on task and follow the instructions given to you.
PREPARED: Bring everything you need for the school day.
PATIENT: Wait your turn; listen when someone else is talking.
We will support these expectations both school-wide and within each classroom. Furthermore, we commit to you that each child who enters our doors will be encouraged and supported in working to his/her full potential academically, socially, and emotionally. In order to achieve these important goals, we need to work together. Please help us support your child by:
● Sending your child to school every day on time.
● Make sure your child always gets a full night’s sleep.
● Establish a routine for supporting learning with your child. Give your child a quiet place to read and regular time for completing homework.
● Keep in touch with your teacher via email, phone call, or by sending notes or letters.
● Attend school-wide events, volunteer in your child’s classroom, and attend conferences.
● Celebrate your child’s success by giving verbal praise, no matter how small it may seem. This will keep your child enthusiastic about learning and develop a pride in them for their work.
It does take a village to raise our children; and a very special school like Kootenai Elementary to educate them. Please know that we welcome your participation, support and efforts: we are in this together!
Wishing you and your family a wonderful upcoming year of fun and success.